Saturday, August 13

Ten Years

So it's that time of year again when we start thinking about our local game convention, Nuke Con, coming up Sept. 30-Oct. 2. 
And the call for GMs came out, and I want to GM again, but what should it be?
And then it hit me. Since this is the ten year anniversary of my favorite game, I will GM Carcassonne. Maybe there are gamers who still haven't played it (I know that's hard to believe, but I've still never actually played regular Catan with real live people, so it's possible), and it's a great intro game for anyone that might be coming to the con just to check things out.
So that's a great excuse for me to add a couple things to my Carcassonne collection. I did pick up the ten year anniversary edition shown above, not my own photo. It has clear meeples!! So cool. And the box is shaped like a freakin' meeple! How could I pass that up? And I picked up the catapult expansion too. It seems so silly and fun. And hopefully also intriguing to new gamers.
Our personal family game day is tomorrow, I wonder if I can get anyone to go a'catapulting with me?

No comments: