Monday, October 5

Nuke Con 9

This year we made a lesser attack on the Nuke Con weekend, four of us went for just Saturday: me, The BFF (BoyFriend Forever), his son Yehaw McKickass, and my younger son the Artist Extreeme. Going for one day only, we completely packed the day with gaming fun. I, for one, am still pretty tired!

Since a few things we had wanted to try (separately) were full, it ended up that The BFF and I played all our games together, which was great for playing his favorite overall game, "I-Beat-You!". We played all new-to-us games this year, not wanting to waste our one day playing stuff we've played before.

We played:
* an unscheduled Kingsburg with our LGS buddies (my must-have of the day)
* when no GM showed up for Shadows Over Camelot, we filled some empty slots on Are You Smarter Than a Con Guest (super fun! but made me feel dumb)
* On The Underground (train-ish game of the London underground) (which The BFF kept reminding me that he has actually BEEN on!)
* Chicago Express (train-ish game mostly auction-y)
* The RPG Don't Rest Your Head (I'm not experienced at RPGs. I'm especially shy in a con setting, but I really liked the story, and the folks we played with)
* Robo Rally for the Brain Dead (which I proved to be by 10:00, and could not 'get' the part about when the conveyor belt turned you or not)

The kids played D&Ds most of the day, broken up with one Race For The Galaxy session, which is a fav for them both.

We also made some purchases, of course! The BFF bought Small World and Dead Lands, and I bought Silent But Deadly Night in a great tin, Martian Fluxx, and some blank Fluxx cards that the Artist Extreeme and I are going to design!

More in-depth reactions coming soon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!