Saturday, April 18

Also Last Weekend

Last Saturday was the first Family Game Day at my church. Organized by myself and a gaming friend met through yet another gaming podcast, Garrett's Games and Geekiness. We had twenty folks total, including the organizers and the baby, which was a great turn out for the first time, I think.
The age range was younger than I had hoped, one part of my plan is to get more teenagers involved (including MINE!), but that will come in later months. It was nice that the youngsters attending were roughly in the same age range, around K-3, so they could play the same types of games. I got to play Jumpin' Monkeys, Bat Man Uno (The BFF, when told this, replied 'you hate Uno' which is true, but I adore these kiddos!), my thrift store gold find Poppa's Pizza Topple, and even played a little Seismic, after taking out all the earthquakes and workers. It actually was great as a puzzle game, with it's hexagon pieces, and different amounts and styles of roads on each piece.
Also exciting was seeing a table of adults playing together, their children all at different tables playing other games.
A nice time was had by all. And next month, maybe I can drag my own kids? *fingers crossed*

No comments: