Thursday, October 9

A Little Introduction

I've been a board gamer all my life.
I remember playing games when I was very young with my Grandmothers and cousins.
I remember camping with my parents and brother growing up, and playing games were part of our camping fun.
I remember other gaming family traditions while growing up, like getting a family game from Santa every year (a tradition I started with my own children when they were young).
I remember finding new games to play with my college friends, mostly ones that involved or could incorporate decadent behaviors.
I remember new friends teaching new-to-me games, and games around campfires, and gaming with my first husband and his family. Everyone's family has different game history and tastes.
I remember games my children liked at every stage of their lives so far, and played whatever games they wanted to play. OK, I admit, I never played CandyLand. That is one broken game!
I remember playing better and better games with my kids as they grew older, and having three generation games whenever possible, with my parents and my children.
And now, with teenagers, sometimes it's a scramble to fit games in, but we try! I've started a Game Day for family and close friends which is growing slowly, but I hope it will be a tradition that keeps the young'ens coming home once a month.
The BFF (that's Boy Friend Forever) is a bit of a collector (not like I'm not) so our game collection grows every month and is at this moment between 100-150. Gaming is one of our together activities.
I'm addicted to podcasts, or as some brilliant person said, internet radio shows, and I've found some gaming podcasts to add to my never-miss collection.
I just attended the largest close gaming convention last weekend, Nuke Con, for the second year after attending various smaller conventions & game days.
I find myself more and more wanting to talk about games.
And so this blog begins.....

No comments: